I’ve been on the hunt for a pink suit for awhile and finally found one that i’m obsessed with! The color is vibrant, fun and it’s one of those outfits that makes a major statement. I plan on wearing the pieces together & separately throughout the year. The best part about this suit is its under $75!
Jacket // pants // bag
There was a time when my huge, ambitious heart decided to buy a fixer-upper home and launch an online business at the same time. I could easily afford my house & I was in the mood to chase my dreams. Long story short, I ended up getting in way over my head & stacked up a little debt. Every month I would make my credit card payments but was still spending plenty of money on vacations, nice clothes and meeting my girlfriends for dinner and drinks anytime they called.
I knew I needed to be more intentional about paying off all of my debt in order to pursue my dreams. I hated the feeling of owing anyone money. I also knew I wanted to leave my day job soon & would need to walk away with as little debt as possible. I decided to tackle two credit cards first. Between the two of them I owed a little more than $8 and then I set a goal to pay them off in two months.
I started making a list of everyday I could make extra cash on the side. I also want to note that I make good money. If you make minimum wage, your journey to paying off debt might look different than mine or take a little longer. Thats totally ok!
I started by making a list of all the ways I could make money. Here are the top 5 days I was hustling every single day.
- Housesitting/petsitting: I would watch friends & families homes while they were out of town. I love animals so this was one of the best side hustles for me. Getting paid to play with someones dog was a win/win!
- Craigslist/facebook marketplace: We all have thousands of dollars of clutter sitting around our homes. Craigslist and Facebook marketplace are the perfect place to get rid of those random items thrown in your closet or collecting dust in your attic. I had multiples hair straighteners, lamps, and home decor that I wasn’t using. Its also been nice working on decluttering my home. I would be intentional about selling SOMETHING everyday. That extra $5-$50 adds up quick.
- uber/lyft: I started driving for uber and lyft! Its the easiest way to make extra $ in your free time. Not only was I making some easy cash, I’ve made some great connections for my future goals. I try and give a few rides a day. I’ll make $200-$300+ driving. I would also do it while I was running errands. That way I felt productive while making money.
- Poshmark: I started going through all of my clothes and listing a lot of them on postmark. I had so many items hanging in my closet that still had tags on them or I wore maybe one time. It felt good to get rid of so many clothes that were just taking up space but even better to make $ off of them. There were items that I would only make $10 off of, or i’d sell designer pieces and make a couple hundred. Every little bit helps.
- Rent out a bedroom in your house. I own a 3 bedroom home. It only made sense to start renting out one of the bedrooms. I definitely encourage you to rent out a room in your house or get a roommate if you’re renting. That will cut down all of your bills in half. I think thats the smartest way to start knocking away debt & saving money.
There are so many different ways to get rid of debt. I think it comes down to being intentional about paying everything off. I still have about $10k more to go. I haven’t stopped hustling towards paying off every penny that I owe. Sometimes that means saying no to a date or girls night out so that I can drive for uber/lyft. Maybe I have to wait for those amazing shoes to go on sale. Or skip starbucks and make my own coffee. Those sacrifices will definitely pay off.
A few more things that have helped me along this journey…
Listen to podcast/read books about money management, paying off debt and being financially free. Gary Vaynerchuk is one of the most inspiring guys! Dive into his books, stalk his social media and listen to his podcast. I promise your life will change!
Read the book “Set for Life” by Scott Trench. I listen to a podcast about real estate every Thursday & I came across his book. It’ll definitely help you get on the right path towards financial freedom + saving money.
I’m definitely not a financial expert but i’m a real person thats tackled my issues in the most simple way possible. Its possible for anyone to get rid of any amount of debt if you hustle hard enough. I’m currently tackling my last 2 credit cards and working on paying off my car. My goal is to have it all paid off by the end of May. I’ll keep you posted. 😉
Do you ever have days where you just can’t get out of bed? The weight on your shoulders feels too heavy to bare. I’ve had so many days like that. I’ve battled with depression and anxiety for years. Most days I hide it so well. I’d rather put a smile on my face then have to answer anyones questions about whats wrong. There’s not always a reason for feeling sad. I’ve learned ways to fight the bad days. Life is so good & I don’t want to waste any days sad or sleeping my days away. Here are some of the things I’ve started doing to help me get through the hard days.
- I truly believe having a grateful heart changes everything. Every time I start feeling down, I pull out my gratitude journal and I start writing everything I’m thankful for and everything good that happened that day, week, year…
- Go for a walk, run or hit the gym. Working out can boost your mood so quickly. Its definitely a challenge when you’re feeling depressed but its so worth it in the end.
- Get out in nature. I’ll go for a walk or drive to the mountains to hike. Just getting some fresh air & feeling the sun shining on your face is super refreshing & life giving.
- Call your best friends & go do some retail therapy or brunch, or watch a funny movie. I know how hard it can be to be around people when you’re feeling depressed or your anxiety is at an all time high, but being around those you love most can boost your mood. Let them remind you how incredibly amazing you are.
- Take a bath, put on a face mask, light some candles and love on yourself. You’ve got to invest in yourself before you can invest in anyone or anything else. Its ok to put yourself first and pamper yourself. I’m so guilty of putting everyone before me but I’m learning that its ok to put myself first sometimes.
- Eat something else and drink tons of water. Its amazing how food can effect our emotions. It can be easy to binge on pizza & wine when you’re feeling down but that won’t help how you feel. Drink a green smoothie (your skin will thank you) and drinks tons of water. You’ll feel great and love the way you look.
- Create something. I don’t consider myself an artist but painting has always been an outlet for me. Its so therapeutic to paint on a fresh canvas & let all of those negative feelings out.
- Practice self-compassion and learn to forgive yourself. This has been one of the most challenging things for me but its brought the most freedom to my life.
I know some people may need medications to help and thats totally fine too! There was a time when I was on medications. All of these things have helped me out so much when I’m feeling down. I truly want to be the best version of myself, and continue to grow. I refuse to let depression + anxiety hold me back from living the best life possible.
Throwing on an oversized sweatshirt with some ripped up jeans is all I ever want to wear. Guys seriously have some of the comfiest sweaters! Every once in awhile you can find me shopping the guys section just to have a comfy sweatshirt to throw on while I run errands. Theres nothing wrong with purchasing one for your man for Christmas with the intentions of wearing it yourself. 😉 I’ve linked some of my favorite mens sweaters for you.
Classic Fleece // Graphic Fleece // Ketel hoodie // Beverly Hills hoodie
I love a good leather jacket! I’m not a fan of cold weather but I do get excited to throw on a good jacket when the weather starts cooling down. I purchased this black jacket a couple of years ago from Michael Kors and its definitely my go to. I love pairing it with dresses, or jeans & a t-shirt. One of my favorite ways to find a good leather jacket is to hunt through vintage/thrift stores. Thats the best way to find a leather jacket that has the softest, worn leather and you won’t see every other girl in your town wearing it.
P.s. Dying over Who What Wears collections at Target. They have the chicest pieces with the best prices. This one comes in a few different colors and I want them all!
Dress // Leather jacket